Day 3 of the Marketo Marketing Nation Summit brought even more great insights from some of the most renowned experts in the industry. We continued our adventure with further high-value breakout sessions.
Plan and execute an ABM strategy with Marketo to drive more revenue
The first session of the day looked at Account-Based Marketing (ABM) in terms of how to acquire high-value accounts and actually incorporate the principles into your marketing and sales strategies? When it comes to deploying ABM, it’s essential that marketing works in lockstep with sales to identify and target key accounts, manage and engage named account lists across channels, and measure ABM programs to optimize results. In this session, we covered how Marketo enables you to implement a successful ABM strategy across its Engagement Platform using Marketo ABM and other products.
As we all know, ABM lead gen strategies are increasingly gaining importance in B2B marketing, and are far more efficient than individual lead gen. B2B marketers can apply the same strategies used in individual lead gen efforts, but need to adjust their concept of targeting to industries, verticals and company sizes. The speaker (a marketer from the company Puppet) stressed that marketers need to avoid using disconnected ABM tools. They instead need to focus on three essential steps (Plan, Engage, Measure) and integrate all three into one unified tool.
Another key point was that continuously testing and tweaking the paid media mix is essential to developing a sound ABM strategy. For instance, his software company had strong success through direct mail, and more old-school phone call follow ups, which one would not expect to work in the digital age.
Take a look at the images below regarding how Puppet organized ABM targets for scale.
The 2nd and final session of the day focused on Marketo’s effort around user experience.
Marketo’s new user experience: re-imagining Marketo & the engagement platform for the future
This session took us on a guided journey through Marketo’s breakthrough new user experience, which is designed from the ground up to help you work faster and smarter. During this session, Marketo’s product team showed the power of the Next Gen UX and laid out an entirely new Marketo.
With so many new features, I’m just going to list what Marketo now provides in their new offerings;
Marketo New UX – Improvements based on customer feedback
- Add a CC contact for email sends
- Continuous audience syncs for paid media platform integrations – automated
- https Secure Tracking Links- great for deliverability
- Form RE-CAPTCHA – prevents bots and bad data – higher quality info
- New Permissions – for folders, assets etc. – makes for better collaboration
- Marketo Sky – New Interface
- UX Design Philosophy – Progressive, Empowering, Reliable
- Updates to iconography – new intuitive logos for the tree, folders, etc.
- New filters for the tree – ex. Filtering for Trigger campaigns, filters for labels, etc.
- Expandable tree – goes full screen for your work
Marketo’s Campaign Overview Tab:
- New accessible views on essential information, and performance
- Full calendar experience (week, month, day filter)
- Bulk actions to active campaigns and approve assets,
- Set expirations for assets/campaigns in bulk
My Tokens tab:
- Search bar for tokens
- Folders for tokens
- Cloning tokens
- Visibility on token usage (which assets using which tokens)
- New link tokens
- New members grid
- Take action from smart campaign directly
- New saved rules
- New action tile with key actions displayed prominently (edit, approve, send sample, preview)
- Combining draft email with approved email so everything is in one place – can take actions on a draft or approved in one location
Partner flow actions:
- Branded webhooks – launchpoint
- Finds lookalike audiences within your database
- AI List insights (industry, size, etc.) – Marketo will track the lift that occurs from leveraging the AI list
Day one and two Marketo Blogs
Other blogs that may interest you
12 Considerations For Choosing A B2B Digital Agency in 2020July 24, 2019
Editor’s Note: Post updated March 1, 2020* With so many choices in the market and your business success weighing on your shoulders, how do you select a B2B
Passing the Eloqua B2B Masters Exam: A How-To GuideJuly 17, 2018
It’s the only industry recognized accreditation for B2B Oracle Eloqua and shows recognition of best practices within marketing automation platforms. The modules for the qualification include the fundamentals
Quick Wins: Choosing Your KeywordsJuly 11, 2018
In the digital world, keywords play a role in almost everything. For the most part, they are the way in which we target and ensure the right people
Winning with Audiences – Connecting Email Nurtures and Media CampaignsMay 29, 2018
As digital campaigns mature and evolve, new opportunities arise to improve both efficiency and returns. In fact, I see a big opportunity on the horizon for our clients’